Book a blood pressure check in Winchester
Booking a blood pressure check with REMEDI HEALTH is easy. Just pick a time and date that suits you. The check should last no more than 15 minutes, but please allow up to half an hour so we can explain what the results mean and, if appropriate, help with any lifestyle adjustments that can help lower blood pressure.
Our Winchester clinic has rigorous infection control measures in place to protect both you and our staff.
Each check appointment is £30.00 inclusive of VAT.
Please select a date and time from the calendar and enter your details.
GET PEACE OF MIND
Checking your blood pressure: how it works
High blood pressure (hypertension) affects 1 in 4 adults in England and over 5.5 million people are undiagnosed. Of those diagnosed, 4 out 10 people are not managed to target and between 50-80% of patients do not take all of their treatment as prescribed.
It is the third biggest risk factor for premature death and disability after smoking and poor diet. At least half of all heart attacks and strokes are associated with high blood pressure and it is a major risk factor for chronic kidney disease, heart failure and dementia.
Blood pressure is recorded as two numbers measured in millimetres of mercury (mmHg).
- The higher number is the systolic blood pressure – the highest pressure in blood vessels when the heart contracts or beats
- The lower number is the diastolic blood pressure – the lowest pressure in blood vessels when the heart muscle relaxes
- Ideal or very good blood pressure is when the clinic blood pressure is between 90/60 and 129/84
- A blood pressure measurement between 130/85 and 139/89 is deemed to be good but on the high side of normal
- High blood pressure or hypertension is when the measurement is between 140/90 and 179/109
- A measurement of 180/110 or higher is known as very high
- Very low blood pressure or hypotension is considered to be 90/60mmHg or lower.
Blood pressure readings between 120/80mmHg and 140/90mmHg could mean you’re at risk of developing high blood pressure if you do not take steps to keep your blood pressure under control.
An individual’s blood pressure is impacted by a range of factors including age, gender and ethnicity but also lifestyle factors such as weight, diet, activity levels and smoking.
- Adults 18 and over, who have never been diagnosed with high blood pressure and want to know their numbers
- Individuals who are having an annual health check
- Any person concerned that they may have high blood pressure or are showing symptoms
- Adults 18 and over, diagnosed with hypertension and has started blood pressure treatment or a lifestyle adjustment and wants to check what impact the intervention is having.
Validated for specialist use
A blood pressure check is the only way to find out if your blood pressure is too high or too low, because most people won’t have any obvious symptoms. Having a check is easy and could save your life.
A digital monitor that has been approved for specialist use will be used to measure your blood pressure. We take a minimum of two readings, and sometimes a third will be taken.
You will find out your result straight away, and a written record of this provided.
If your result is above ideal, we will have a discussion to understand what if anything you would like to change about your lifestyle to reduce your blood pressure. We can advise you on options and will suggest you see your doctor if the reading is above a specific limit. We work with you to help you with any change you wish to make. Book your blood pressure check in Winchester today.