Book a Heart Health check in Winchester
Booking a Heart Health check with REMEDI HEALTH is easy. Just pick a time and date that suits you, although we advise booking first thing in the morning so that we can take fasting blood tests. The testing process should last no more than 30 minutes, but please allow 45 minutes so we can explain what the test results mean and discuss options for reducing your risk.
Our Winchester clinic has rigorous infection control measures in place to protect both you and our staff.
Each appointment is £115.00 inclusive of VAT.
Please select a date and time from the calendar and enter your details.
We will undertake a FASTING cholesterol test and so please book an appointment in the morning before eating or drinking anything but water.
GET PIECE OF MIND
Cardiovascular Healthy Heart check: how it works
We undertake a range of tests to provide you with your cardiovascular risk assessment. These will include:
- your body mass index (BMI, which is calculated using your height and weight
- your blood pressure
- your cholesterol levels
- your alcohol use score
- your physical activity assessment result
- your diabetes risk assessment including fasting glucose test
- your risk of developing cardiovascular disease in the next ten years.
We will describe this risk as low, moderate or high:
- low – you have less than a 10% chance of a heart or circulation problem in the next 10 years
- moderate – you have a 10% to 20% chance of a heart or circulation problem in the next 10 years
- high – you have more than a 20% chance of a heart or circulation problem in the next 10 years
Your check will include a full explanation of the results and a discussion so that you can review lifestyle options to lower your risk.
Validated risk assessment tool
We use the Heart Age tool which uses calculations based on the JBS3 Cardiovascular Risk Assessment.
It assesses how healthy your heart is, how many years you could add to your heart age by making lifestyle changes, how blood pressure and cholesterol levels are important to heart age and how heart age can be reduced through diet and exercise.
Book your Healthy Heart check in Winchester today or contact us to find out more. We are here to support you.