PHE approved LABORATORY test
Book a COVID19 RT-PCR test with fit-to-fly certificate
Need to travel overseas? Looking to return to work? A negative RT-PCR test might be a requirement for both.
Booking a COVID19 RT-PCR test with REMEDI HEALTH is quick. Just pick a time and date that suits you. The testing process should last no more than 15 minutes.
To ensure that your test gets sent by priority courier, we ask that you book for this test before 3pm. If there is no available slot on the day you require testing then please call the clinic on 01962 396695 or 07899 967040, and we may be able to arrange an out-of-hours appointment or slot you in. Weekends are also available for testing and results next day – contact us if you need to book in a hurry.
Each standard service test is £195.00 inclusive of special delivery, lab costs, certificate and VAT. Additional costs apply for weekend delivery; you will be advised when booking.
Our standard service provides results the following day and is £195.00 (book online).
Our weekend service also provides results the following day and is £270.00. Contact us to book or book online and pay the weekend supplement when in clinic.
Our same day service provides results in a few hours and by 19:00. This express service is £325.00. If you book the standard service you can choose to upgrade when you come to the clinic. Contact us to book or book online and upgrade in clinic.
Please select a date and time from the calendar and enter your details. If unsure then please call to book. We are happy to help you.
Our Winchester clinic has rigorous infection control measures in place to protect both you and our staff. Do NOT attend if you are experiencing any COVID19 symptoms. In this instance self-isolate and contact NHS 111 to arrange an NHS test.
If you want to have a RT-PCR test and you have symptoms then please contact the clinic directly and we can arrange to visit your home to perform the test.
- We will do everything to meet your testing deadline however we cannot guarantee results will be received within the timeframe if there is an issue outwith our control i.e. due to the laboratory or courier
- Due to the sensitivity of these tests, there is a very small chance the test result could be inconclusive. If your test result is inconclusive a full refund will be provided, and you will be invited to book another test within the time frame to suit you but this cannot be guaranteed. As you will have been refunded for the first inconclusive test, you will be required to pay for the retest
- REMEDI HEALTH will not be held liable for losses, costs, damage that you suffer or incur as a result of any delays in receiving test results or as a result of inconclusive test results
- REMEDI HEALTH will also not be liable to you for any losses, costs or damages that you suffer or incur as a result of receiving a positive rest result (including, if you are unable to travel as a result of testing positive)
- Service is subject to lab capacity, and specially trained colleague and stock availability
- Each passenger is solely responsible for checking and conforming with the entry and exit requirements at their arrival and return destinations, and for booking the correct type of test. Requirements may include temperature checks, proof of negative COVID test or completion of forms.
- You can find further guidance and information on travelling to and from the UK on the Foreign Commonwealth & Development website.
- If you fail to comply with these requirements you may not be able to travel or be allowed to enter your destination.
- Passengers are not able to use NHS testing facilities for travel related testing
- Do not use our testing facilities if you suspect you have COVID-19 symptoms
COVID-19 RT-PCR test: how it works
If you are looking to get a COVID19 PCR test in Hampshire or nearby for travel of occupational health then look no further than REMEDI HEALTH.
Our expert team will support you in the requirements for your destination. We understand that travel plans might change quickly and so we do not charge a cancellation fee; we just ask that you inform us before your appointment if you cannot attend.
A simple swab test is all that’s required to diagnose active COVID19 infections, facilitating appropriate containment and reducing further spread of disease. Increasingly airlines and countries are requesting that travellers provide a certificate confirming a negative PCR result before flying or entering the country.
We provide healthcare professional swab testing in our clinic to ensure that the sample obtained is less likely to be returned as void. If you have symptoms then contact the clinic and we can arrange to come to your home if within the Hampshire locality.
We take care of priority delivery to facilitate a rapid arrival at the laboratory. We know that getting ready for travel is a busy time and so we take out the hassle but also communicating with the laboratory and will send you your certificate by email.
Our testing service is used within the UK government’s national COVID-19 testing programme. The laboratory we use is responsible for up to 17% of the total tests carried out and is accepted by Public Health England.
The RT-PCR test for COVID19 uses patented Biochip Technology to accurately and reliably diagnose COVID19. The biochip comprises two tests for COVID19; one specific and one confirmatory as recommended by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
To ensure we can use our specialised express courier service, please book an appointment before 3:00pm. If you require an out of hours test then please contact us directly. Testing now at the weekend. Call to find out more.
Please note that the NHS testing service must NOT be used for travel tests.
PHE Accepted TEST
COVID-19 antigen testing
Testing has become a vital part of the response to the COVID19 pandemic.
What are antibodies and antigens?
An antigen is capable of stimulating an immune response. They may be proteins, polysaccharides, lipids or nucleic acids. Each antigen has distinct surface features that are recognized by the immune system.
SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has several known antigens, including its nucleocapsid phosphoprotein and spike glycoprotein, which are the visible protrusions on its surface.
An antibody is a Y-shaped protein produced by B cells of the immune system in response to exposure to antigens. The tip of each Y-shaped arm contains antigen binding sites that bind to a specific portion of the antigen’s surface. This binding helps to eliminate antigens from the body, either by direct neutralisation or by “tagging” them for elimination by other arms of the immune system.
An antigen test reveals if a person is currently infected with a pathogen such as the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Once the infection has gone, the antigen disappears.
1. We will not be able to take responsibility for calculating the time when your sample needs to be taken for meeting the COVID-19 travel requirements of your destination. However, we will do all we can to help.
2. Please do not visit the clinic if you have current COVID19 symptoms. We can drop the kit off at you for self-use if required or perform the test at your home. Please contact us for more details.
3. We do everything we can to ensure that your test arrives back in time for your travel however we can guarantee the laboratory returns in time as this is outside our control.