Booking ear service appointments in Winchester
Booking ear examination, hearing screening and wax removal appointments with REMEDI HEALTH is easy, just choose the appointment that is right for you and pick a time and date that suits you.
The examination appointment involves history taking and otoscopy which should last no more than 15 minutes and the fee is £30 .
A hearing screen on its own will take around 15 minutes and the fee is £30. A combined otoscopy and hearing screen appointment should last around 30 minutes and the fee is £60.
An appointment including otoscopy and wax removal takes up to 45 minutes for which the fee is £90. We also offer a complete ear service which includes otoscopy, a hearing screen before any wax removal, wax removal using micro-suction and a post-procedure hearing screen for a fee of £120.
Please note that a wax removal only appointment can only be made by the clinician following an assessment of your ear health at the clinic. This will cost £60 for each additional ear wax removal visit.
Please note the following important points:
- Ear wax removal using micro-suction may not always be clinically suitable and an ear health assessment may not always be immediately followed by ear wax removal
- For clients with a history of or known ear wax build up, and who do not have a perforated eardrum, the use of olive oil spray such as Earol for 3-5 days before appointment is encouraged
- Ear wax removal may not be completely successful and it may necessary to arrange a second appointment. A further appointment will be booked in clinic if necessary to repeat the micro suction process until a sufficient amount of wax has been removed.
Our clinics have rigorous infection control measures in place to protect both you and our team.
Please select an appointment type and then pick a date and time from the calendar and enter your details.
Ear Examination (otoscopy) Service
Ear Examination and Ear Wax Removal Service
Ear Examination and Hearing Screening Service
Complete Ear Examination, Hearing Screening and Wax Removal Service
Hearing Screening Service
GET PEACE OF MIND
More about ear wax to build up and what can help?
Symptoms of ear wax build-up include:
- Hearing loss
- Earache or a feeling that your ears are blocked
- Ringing or buzzing in your ears (tinnitus)
- Vertigo (feeling dizzy and sick)
Some people regularly get blocked ears because they naturally produce a lot of earwax.
Other factors that can increase the risk of too much earwax include:
- Producing naturally hard or dry ear wax
- Having narrow or hairy ear canals (the tube between the opening of the ear and the eardrum)
- Being elderly, as ear wax becomes drier with age
- Bony growths in the outer part of the ear canal
Ear wax can also block your ear if you frequently insert objects into your ear canal, such as cotton buds, ear plugs or hearing aids.
What are the risks and complications?
Microsuction is now considered the ‘gold standard’ for ear wax removal and is generally very safe. However, every procedure carries a potential risk of infection. In addition,
- Grazing can occur if the ear canal skin is sensitive. Bleeding may occur especially if you are on anti-coagulant medicines or anti-platelets like aspirin.
- There is a small risk of perforation if any sudden movements are made. To avoid this you should keep as still as possible throughout the procedure.
- Some people experience dizziness due to the cool air being sucked though the ear canal. This usually goes away quickly. Inform the practitioner and they will stop the procedure until the dizziness has passed.
- Coughing can occur as the nerve that supplies the throat with the coughing mechanism lies close to the ear canal. Inform the practitioner and they will stop the procedure until it passes.
- If microsuction is being performed due to infection the procedure may sometimes be uncomfortable. The practitioner will check you are coping with the procedure throughout.
If you have any concerns or worries, please speak to us and will be happy to discuss.